A glorious, steaming mug of coffee is often what makes a morning complete. The simple, daily ritual of treating yourself to a nourishing, wake-up cup is actually extremely beneficial in its own right.
However, there are a couple of extra secrets you can use to make the most of your brew. This way, your coffee is not just comforting and energy-boosting; it’s truly nourishing for both your body and mind.
Let’s take a look at the scientifically-proven benefits for two ancient spices: turmeric and cinnamon.
Used for thousands of years for cooking and medicine, this golden spice adds vibrant color and gentle, sophisticated overtones to your coffee.
Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties. The most important of these compounds is curcumin. Curcumin has been found to have significant anti-inflammatory effects and acts as a powerful antioxidant.
Consuming this delicious and health-enhancing spice in your coffee has real benefits; from protecting the body against disease to enhancing brain function.
- Fights Inflammation: relieves inflammation for both athletes and those with chronic conditions, even matching the effectiveness of some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Improves Skin Health: with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that work hand-in-hand to promote a healthier integumentary system.
- Protects Against Disease: curcumin may act as an anticarcinogenic and has antioxidant properties that protect against Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Keeps You Lean: the medicinal properties in turmeric may suppress fat cell growth by restricting blood vessel expansion in fat tissue.
- Enhances Brain Function: lowering oxidative stress, which clears brain fog, enhances cognition, improves neuroplasticity, and reduces the risk of brain diseases.
- Fights Free Radicals: slows aging, reduces cell death, and boosts immune function by simultaneously blocking free radicals, and stimulating your body’s natural defenses.
- Helps Headaches: reduces inflammation in the brain and regulates sensory neurons – integral for both headache and migraine relief.
- Special Hint: Pepper can increase the proportion of turmeric that enters the bloodstream upon consumption – by as much as 2,000%. Add a little pepper to your coffee to ensure you’re maximizing your turmeric intake.
Cinnamon has been benefiting humans since as far back as 2,000 BC. This spice comes from a small, tropical tree that originated in Sri Lanka, East, and Middle Asia; it was more valuable than gold in ancient Egypt; and was one of the first products traded along the spice trade route.
Cinnamon’s benefits are truly wow-worthy. Evidence suggests that this powerful spice has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antitumor, cardiovascular, cholesterol-lowering, and immunomodulatory effects, and may also act as an insulin-mimetic.
Even more amazing, some studies suggest that cinnamon possesses beneficial hypoglycemic properties, which helps regulate blood sugar and protect against diabetes.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: and has beneficial hypoglycemic properties that help to protect against diabetes.
- Promotes Dental Health: by removing harmful bacteria, protecting your teeth against decay, and of course, preventing bad breath.
- Controls Weight Gain: and regulates your appetite by targeting a brain chemical involved with glucose and cholesterol.
- Boosts Your Immune System: with antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties; cinnamon fights the pathogens that cause illness.
- Relieves Congestion: its spicy scent soothes the membranes lining your sinuses, and actively removes mucus.
- Increases Brain Health: may delay or reverse cognitive impairment, and may help boost memory functions.
- Fights Infections: cinnamon’s dynamic anti-microbial properties help your body combat common infections.
- Special Hint: to get the most of your cinnamon intake, purchase cinnamon sticks instead of ground cinnamon. While ground cinnamon only lasts for six months at best, cinnamon sticks will give you their full benefits for up to 2 years.
Enjoy the Benefits of Turmeric & Cinnamon Coffee Today!
Adding turmeric and cinnamon to your morning brew is a simple way to boost your health while enhancing your coffee’s taste.
Create a new, exciting morning routine today by trying these two, magical spices together.